Tuesday, May 3, 2016

NattaCosme (11street) To Sarawak, Malaysia (Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Lotion Twin Pack)

Hada Labo seems to be all the rage in Malaysia right now. Or maybe I'm the last of the sheep to find out about it. Either way, I'm not complaining. After I grabbed the Hada Labo BHA/AHA Cleanshing foam from Guardian for RM27 during a 40% sale, I was itching for more.

Picture courtesy of Amazon
The cleansing foam in a pump bottle feels like clouds on my face and while I'm aware that the actives (BHA/AHA) would not have enough time to work it's magic on my face, I was using it for it's lower pH (~6.5) and amazingly soft bubbles. BHA and AHA needs a lower pH to work, so I'm not sure what they're trying to achieve by adding that in the cleanser. In addition, the soft foams meant it won't be helpful for you if you have sunscreen/makeup on that you need to wash away. This is my morning cleanser though, and seeing as there aren't any dirt/makeup/oil on my face that early in the morning, I find it perfect. <3

Since I've found the right cleanser, I was hunting for the perfect moisturizer. Specifically, I was looking for a moisturizer that isn't cream-based and wasn't going to cost me my kidney.

In swoops 11street.my. This Malaysian online shopping mall features a good deal of vendors from all over the world and with a billion 11% bonus coupons every few days, I was hooked (like a fish ready to be sushi-fied... not in an altogether good way). While my bank account wept, my skin sung happy songs~ It was a necessary exchange.

I did my research on good lotions and this one comes highly recommended. Technically lotion = toner in Korea, but I have lotion-abhorrent skin that turns into a bp oil spill on contact, so the lighter the lotion, the better. There's another type (Light) that's supposedly more suitable for combination skin, but I wanted to try this first because it was cheaper. The Hada Labo Super Hyalronic Acid Hydrating Lotion (Rich) is a toner that is moisturizing enough to be a mostuirizer, and I intend to layer this with a moisturizing gel, so it's all good.

I digress. I managed to find myself in the midst of a dozen sellers selling the same Hada Labo lotion for a dozen different prices. An exaggeration, but you get my drift. With so many different sellers, I opted for the smartest choice. That is to say, I went to the cheapest seller. I did make sure that the seller has a good rating on 11street first though. I'm not completely gullible.

Screencap from 11street
It looks reputable enough, and at a satisfaction rating of 99%, I couldn't go wrong. The store is based in Malaysia, which means delivery won't take as long. What caught my eyes were the reviews singing phrases about the good packaging. I've had packages delivered here that was a little smooshed and the contents a little leaky because it wasn't boxed right, or there simply weren't enough cushioning so the reviews about the nice packaging had me curious.

So, I bought the lotion from Nattacosme. It was discounted at 30% off RM114.89 for RM79.90 and I had an additional 30% off coupon from 11street so I ended up paying only RM55.93 for two Hada Labo lotions + 1 free 50g cleanser. I know, I know. I'm in awe too.

I made the order yesterday, on the 3rd of May 2016.

I shit you not. This arrived today at 11:30am. It took a day to get to Sarawak.

Picture taken on 4 May 2016 with my jaws on the ground
Holy crap on a cracker (but in a good way). To say I'm impressed doesn't even begin to cover it. Did they see my order and immediately drove to the post office with my products?! This is amazing!

Everything inside was protected 100% since the box is made of adamantium. I'm kidding. But it was sturdy and kept everything inside perfectly. I'm definitely keeping the box to store my extra lotions and products. Anyways, Ive tossed it, but there were bubble wraps around the lotions to keep it save, and the two samples were stowed neatly in a plastic cover.

I've already opened the lotion up to patch test on my entire face. It has a mild scent that I can't quite place (or maybe no scent at all and my nose is merely picking up the plastic. The texture is waterly but spreadable and it sinks into the skin so well.

Anyways, Hada Labo is great, NattaCosme is also great. I love everything about this order. Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment