Saturday, July 9, 2016

[Review] Guardian Snail Mucus Moisturising Face Mask

Price: RM5.70
Verdict: 0/10
(Skip to Performance to find out why)
Repurchase: Lol. No way. 

Price


I bought this from Guardian during one of their 3 for 2 sales. It's normally priced at RM8.50 per mask. Guardian does quite a lot of buy 1 get 1 free mask, I've tried another mask from this line and I remember being quite happy with it. I have now sworn off all Guardian masks... once I'm done with my stash. 

Purchased from: Guardian
Samples: None. 
Delivery Time: Not Applicable (bought in-store)

Fit & Texture


The mask it made with pure and natural cellulose tencel sheet, which, as you can see, is somewhat transparent. The snail mucus does has a sticky sensation on it but the sheet mask itself feels nice and soothing on my palm. I've put this in the fridge for a little while before so it was cooling on top of that. 

The mask fit very well on my face and I really enjoyed how the mask feels. The essence felt smooth and moisturizing and the mask itself had a faint perfumy scent. There are ample essence leftover in the package and I smeared that on my neck and hands. Bad, bad mistake. 


Ingredients


I had a little trouble looking for the ingredients for this mask since it is no longer available on Guardian's online store for some weird reason. I do, however, have the package still so here you go. :)

Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor oil, Phenoxyethanol, Arginine, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrlate Crosspolymer, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Trehalose, Snail Secretion Filtrate, Sacccharomyces/Camellaia Sinesis Extract Ferment Filtrate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Allantoin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Parfum, Scultellaria Baicalensis Root Extract,Yucca Vera Extract, Salvia Hispanica Seed Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, 1,2-Hexanediol.

I checked the ingredients on Cosdna here and there was only butylene glycol as a possible acne trigger. 

Performance


This particular mask is the Yuca Vera Extract, which promises intense moisturization. The Snail Mucus is supposed to enhance skin elasticity and reduce the depth and appearance of wrinkles as well as improve skin smoothness. It achieved a total of ZERO of that. Why?

Because my skin rejected this mask the moment it touched my face. At first I thought the tingling sensation was from putting it in the fridge. As I took a picture of how the mask fit on my face, I began to notice pink undertones on the mask. I thought, "Oh, that's cute. The mask is slightly pink."
NOPE. My face was quickly turning red. I pulled it off immediately, and washed the serum off my face.

This mask gets a zero out of ten. I didn't know I could hate anything more than the Guardian Jeju masks I've tried but this one... this takes the cake. I have never reacted so drastically to anything before in my life, so while I understand everybody's skin is different, I would caution you against trying this mask. The fact that it's no longer available on the guardian online store is suspicious. I have seen still being sold in stores though. Avoid. Avoid at all costs. 

Immediately after washing this, I put on an Innisfree Green Tea Mask to soothe the redness and it definitely worked. Stupid Guardian masks. I would give it negative a million points if I could. Actually... I can do anything I want!

Price: RM5.70
Verdict: negative one million /10
Repurchase: No!

No comments:

Post a Comment