Sunday, October 23, 2016

[Review] RiRe Women's Lip Manicure Rouge High Fix

(Use affiliated coupon: C10T190S3 for 8% off) 
Verdict: 9/10
Repurchase: Yes (different colors)

Price & Shop

BBCosmetic.com sent these to me as sponsored products but all thoughts are my own, as always. It's sold for $6.70 per piece, but the entire set is $24.50, which makes it slightly cheaper if you're a fan of all the colors in the set, which are #04 Deep Plum, #05 Muse Red, #10 Wine Burgundy, and #11 Pink Brown. In addition, you get a free lip tint remover, which is a pretty sweet deal, but only if you're a fan of all these colors, I suppose! 

I've made about 9 purchases from bbcosmetic.com and am a huge fan of their shop, especially their 50% off deal on their facebook page. All the mini-purchases. I regret nothing. 

Ingredients and Directions


The directions simiply says to take a suitable amount of lip manicure and put it on, following the lip line. 

The lip remover is 15ml and says to rub the lips softly with a moderate amount of the liquid, then cleanse with a tissue. I found that using tissue can be really rough for my lips though, so I do prefer water. 

I couldn't find the extensive list of ingredients for the lip manicures, but the main ingredients were apparently rosehip oil, avocado oil, mascadamis seed oil, vitamin e, and so on. I do wonder how much of these ingredients are present, however, since the lip products were all a little on the drying side. 

First Impressions


I wasn't really keen on trying these when bbcosmetic sent them to me in the beginning, to be completely honest. They were gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but I have a few lip tints that I have yet to finish, such as the Choonee Lip Tint Balms and Berrisom Oops My Lip Tint Pack. However, this brought another thing to the table altogether. I was really surprised by how much I'm loving these. I would never have bought these on my own, but now that I've tried a few, I really want to try out more of the other colors. There's 10 available, from #01 Warm Peach to #11 Pink Brown. #06 is a transluscent top coat. 


The colors here are #05 Muse Red, #10 Wine Burgundy, #11 Pink Brown and #04 Deep Plum respectively. I smeared a fair bit of the product on my wrist, as you can see, and was quite pleased by how the colors look on my hand! The colors were really vivid and dries ridiculously quickly! I was hoping that I could just take these off with water if I do everything quickly, but merely seconds later, I was left with a smear of colors over my entire arm that I had to bath in oil cleanser to get clean again. 

I'm really surprised by how matte this dries. The color turned out to be not as scary as I thought! It dries to a gorgeous matte that can be a little bit on the drying side, so an additional lip balm application would be perfect. I was prepared to hate these, but they turned out really lovely. They dry super quickly and leaves a full coverage that lasts a good few hours.
I'm a little confused why the application wands are different. There appears to be two different wands, but both get the job done, so I'm alright with that. They're also a litle on the short side and while the packaging is cute, it's also not really optimal for holding, to be honest.

The scent is faintly fruity and quite pleasant. It was pretty tasteless too. >< I tend to be overeager with application and get it too close to my lipline and end up tasting them, so that's a huge plus.

Without further ado, here are the swatches of all the different lip colors I received in the box. Apologies in advance for picture quality. My phone's front camera isn't as good as it's main camera.

#03 Deep Plum

This was the first one that I tried and I love, love it. It dries so matte and is a really beautiful shade of dark pink that I'm absolutely in love with. The color was not as striking or as out of place as I had thought it would be just by looking at the swatch on my hand. I can see myself wearing this lip manicure on fun dates whilst wearing bright colored dresses. ^^

#05 Muse Red

The Muse Red applies a little orange in certain lighting for me. This is taken in natural light. When the room's dimmer, the color is noticably redder. It's a beautiful shade as well, but I prefer the plum more than the red.

#10 Wine Burgundy

This particular color was a miss for me, unfortunatley. No matter what I did, the color difference on my inner lip just won't go away, so I end up looking just like what it feels, like I'm wearing a lip tint that's way too dark for my lip color. Maybe I'm doing something wrong and there's a trick to applying darker lip tints. If so, please let me know in the comments? It does have a fairly badass feel to it though. ^^ 

#11 Pink Brown

This was an odd color for me! It actually ended up complementing my lip color, bringing it up to a brighter shade pink brown like a mild emphasis on my lips. As you can see in the picture, it's just the tiniest difference, but noticable nevertheless!

Lip Tint Remover

The lip tint remover gets the job done, as you can see. All I needed to do was rub the dense liquid on my lip, then rub it off with a tissue. It leaves my lip fairly moist, which I appreciate because the lip manicure is drying.

Performance

I'm really pleased with these overall! I was surprised by how much I ended up loving these because I initially thought I would hate them and just ignore them completely after testing them. I couldn't have been more wrong! These were really much better than I expected. They dry really quickly and the color lasts throughout the day. I can also apply a second layer over it to play around. For example, I layered #11 Pink Brown over #03 Deep Plum and ended up with the tint shown above. I'm a fan, for sure.

Pros & Cons


Pros:

  • None-staining since it dries quickly
  • Possible to layer other colors over tint and apply lip balm
  • 10 colors to choose from
  • Smells delightful
  • Good staying power

Cons:

  • A little drying (but can be offset with lip balm) ^^ 

(Use affiliated coupon: C10T190S3 for 8% off) 
Verdict: 9/10
Repurchase: Yes (different colors)

A blogger, berriesinthesnow, compared this to Clio's Lipnicure and preferered these. You can check out her blog here! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment