Sunday, January 29, 2017

[Review] Tony Moly Timeless Ferment Snail Lip Treatment

(Use affiliated coupon: C10T190S3 for 8% off) 
Verdict: 9/10
Repurchase: Yes

Price & Shop

I purchased this Tony Moly Timeless Ferment Snail Lip Treatment from BBCosmetic for $6.30 and used the code C10T190S3 to get 8% off. For those of you unaware with the free international shipping store, check out my review of them here.

This is the... nth purchase I've made from them. I've made so many. I dread checking. They do take a while to ship all the way to Malaysia though. Usually it takes about 2 weeks, which is pretty acceptable for me.

Packaging, Ingredients and Directions

The 10g treatment comes in a jar, like the Petitfee Oil Blossom Lip Mask. I'd much rather if it came in a stick, which is actually does. I couldn't find the Tony Moly Snail Lip Treatment stick on BBCosmetic though, but they do have this Etude House Honey Cera Treatment Lip Oil (7ml) that looks so amazing that I'm tempted. T.T

Ingredients: I couldn't find the full lips of ingredients but some highlights of the lip treatment stick included: Barley oil, Brazil nut seed oil, sweet almond oil, olive oil, hydrolyzed collagen, sunflower seed oil, jojoba oil, soybean oil, snail slime filtered water, chamomile flower extract.

There was a lapse of judgement when I bought this, seeing as my skin doesn't take kinly to some snail products and this is a snail treatment. >< Oopss! The treatment is formulated with 1ppm of filtrate of snails that were fed gold tea. Lol. So fancy. Even though my skin seems to react badly to some (read - some) snail products, it's fine with this. Yay~ ^^ 


Texture and Fragrance

Credit: Tony Moly Korea English Site
The biggest problem I had with this treatment is the texture, to be completely honest. The consistency of this product is... Interesting. It's almost as if it's resisting being used. It's a solid thick, oily texture that needs a little scraping or rubbing to melt it. But I only do need a little bit of the product on my lip. Judging by how little I need, I have a feeling this would last forever, so don't let the small bottle fool you.

As for fragrance, it has a really mild, almost indescrinable citrusy fragrance that I really enjoy, mostly cause I don't notice it's there.

Performance

Credit: Tony Moly Korea English Site
The snail mucin treatment is supposed to return natural softness and elasticity of the skin and fix dryness. It can also be used as an overnight pack. It claims to be mild and non-irritating which I totally believe since the snail didn't disagree with my skin. ^^

At first I thought this was meant as an overnight treatment, but when I brought this with me to Korea, I used it as an intensive lip moisturizer for regular use and found that it was perfect for everyday use. My bf and I weren't used to the dry weather there so our lips were in trouble on the second day and I started applying this in the morning with reapplication every few hours. It helped heal my bf's chapped lips and instantly relieved dryness.

In Malaysia, where the weather is hot and humid, it applied a little bit on the sticky side and I didn't really like this, but it was perfect for Korea. In both instances though, the stickiness went away quickly and my lips were left super soft after using this. I found it a lot more effective than other lip balms I've bought. Nivea, burts bees, ect, they all seem to be super temporary and only worked for a short while. In fact, those left my lips cracked regardless. This lip treatment really helped moisturize and heal all at once. I didn't think I'd like this as much as I did when I first got it, but I love this. I'll get another once I'm done, but like I said, this looks like it's going to last forever. :)



Pros and Cons

Pros

  • It's reasonably priced at $6.30 for 10ml of product which is looking like it'll last forever.
  • It moisturizes and heals wonderfully!
  • Relieves chapped lips instantly. 
  • Leaves lips soft.
  • Has a pleasant citrus fragrance. 
  • It can be used both as an overnight mask or a daily lip balm. 

Cons

  • Applies sticky to begin with and doesn't feel too hygenic in a jar.

(Use affiliated coupon: C10T190S3 for 8% off) 
Verdict: 9/10
Repurchase: Yes

I also do quick, short reviews on my instagram so if you're up for it, do follow me here too! :D https://www.instagram.com/peachy_amy/
And Like my Facebook page? :D https://www.facebook.com/MalaysianBeautyHaul/

No comments:

Post a Comment