Monday, February 6, 2017

[Review - HG Product] Cosrx Acne Pimple Master Patch

(Use affiliated coupon: C10T190S3 for 8% off) 
Verdict: 10/10
Repurchase: Yes 

Price & Shop

I bought this from BBCosmetic for $3.95 with an additional 8% discount using the code C10T190S3 to bring the price down to $3.63, which is the cheapest I've seen these patches anywhere. This is actually the third patch that I own. I gave half of my first patch to a friend and she loved it so much she bought a set of 10 from BBCosmetic during their Christmas sale so she'll never run out. You can get 10 for $25.79 ($23 after discount code), which puts the price down to $2.30 per piece.

For those of you unaware with the free international shipping store, check out my review of them here. TL;DR: They're amazing.

Packaging & Ingredients


Packaging is very simple and no-nonsense, as is with most Cosrx products that I've tried. The plastic re-sealable bag keeps thin slip of 24 circular acne patches. The acne patches themselves are protected by a transparent plastic shield that keeps it clean and sanitary. I actually really like how clean everything is, but the packaging is really a fair amount bigger than the product, as you can see in the picture below. It's a small nitpick, but I feel like there's no need for the packaging to be so huge.

There are 9 large patches for the bigger blemishs which I've been using on my cheeks where multiple pimples may show up at once. T.T The five medium patches are perfect for average zits while the ten smallest patches is what I use on the whitheads that I can't help but pick. ><


The only active ingredient here is cellulose gum, which helps the patch stick to the skin, a job that it's incredibly good at. Inactive ingredients include Styrene Isoprene Styrene Block Copolymer, Polysobutylene, Petroleum Resin, Polyurethane Film, Liquid Paraffin, Tetrakis Methane, none of which are trigger according to cosdna. 

Directions


Directions are simple enough to understand. Cleanse the area around the acne blemishs and pimples, Select a patch of larger size than the acne blemishes and pimples and adhere the patch to those areas and then leave the patches on overnight/until a bump appears to absorb the impurities and gross stuff from your skin.

I usually have this on after I use my essenses and before my last/thickest cream and the patch has no problem staying on. The patches are most effective when used on a lanced/popped pimple/acne, but I do apply them to pimples that're painful to touch, just so I won't accidentally pop it via scratching. ><

Performance


If you can't tell already, I'm a pretty big fan of the Cosrx Acne Pimple Patches. It's used to cover acne to protect the ski nfrom bacteria and dirt. It also acts to absorb impurities from the skin and prevent further infection. This Hydrocolloid material secures the wound and prevents  a second infection, which was something I had a problem with since I pick at my skin a fair bit. I know I shouldn't, but I still do it. Having the patch on stops me from causing further injury on my skin. I've actually had acne that disappear completely instead of coming to head from using these patches. It's magic. 

Applied to popped pimples, the patch speeds up the healing process by absorbing exudation and promotes healing without causing a scar. This is actually true as promised. Pimples that I stick these patches to tend to heal faster without leaving a scar. The non-irritating drressing absorbs water and swells up, then is removed easily. Because it's made of transparent material, this can be applied even in the morning, though I usually only use this at night cause I'm embarrassed.

This is definitely a Holy Grail product for me and one that I will continue repurchasing as long as I'm still dealing with pimple/acne problems. 

(Use affiliated coupon: C10T190S3 for 8% off) 
Verdict: 10/10
Repurchase: Yes 

I also do quick, short reviews on my instagram so if you're up for it, do follow me here too! :D https://www.instagram.com/peachy_amy/
And Like my Facebook page? :D https://www.facebook.com/MalaysianBeautyHaul/

No comments:

Post a Comment