Saturday, April 8, 2017

[Store Review] Althea Korea To Sarawak, Malaysia + Shopback Code for Free RM5 and Money Back

Packaging: 10/10 
Shipping: 7/10
Samples: 0/10
Repurchase: Yes

Althea Korea


I couldn't even remember when or where I heard about Althea Korea but I've since made four purchases with them with no problems whatsoever. I've read tons of reviews of the site online and they're plenty of wonderful reviews about them already since their selections is pretty large and the prices are really good. Even so, I'd like to add to the pile of great reviews. 

Althea Korea is available in Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, US, and pretty much anywhere in the world and offers free shipping once a certain treshold is made.

First time buyers are given an additional RM15 instant Rebate and RM15 additioanl credit after the first purchase. When I first signed up, I only got RM15 off and the minimum shipping was RM150. It's now RM30 + free shipping at RM99, which is amazing. You could use my referral link to get an additional RM5 on top of what you're already getting, RM35! So be sure to use my link here: 


If you use my link, I get 10 points to be used on my next purchase from Althea. XD 

But wait, before you finalize your first purchase from Althea, I would recommend setting up an account on Shopback.my to get 7% cashback for your Althea purchases. I wish I had known about this earlier, or at least had a friend refer me, but when I signed up, I didn't use a code of any kind and started with a blank slate. Using a code gives you an additional RM5 upon signup. You do have to make sure you use the same tab for everything though!

What I do is finalize my cart, and then use the link from Shopback to make the purchase directly, using the same tab and without clicking to go back at any point. 


Althea isn't the only place you can get money back from. You can also use the link for shopping at LAzada, Taobao, Hermo, Booking.com, AirAsiaGo.com, Zalora, ect. Also, I think the cashback amount varies according to the day of the week and it seems to be somewhat higher during public holidays and the weekends, so sign up with their email newsletter and keep an eye out on the cashback amount to get the best bang out of your buck! ^^

I've only earned RM17 from shopback because I keep forgetting to use it. Aghh.. Don't be like me. Use the link.

Shipping & Packaging


Shipping is free once you reach a treshold of RM99, which is really easy to hit. However, it gets a lower score because here in Malaysia, they use a shitty shipping service called 'Skynet', which likes to pretend it doesn't know where my house is even though it has been here multiple times. 

You get a tracking code and shipping from Korea to Malaysia is actually ridiculously fast. But it reaches skynet's hands and the fast shipping pretty much just... stops. 

Packaging is wonderful! They have beautiful pink boxes of varying sizes to keep the product safe and fragile items are individually wrapped as well. During special holidays (Christmas, Chinese New Year, Valentines day?), they have even prettier boxes!

Samples


If you've read any of my posts, you would know that I'm a lover of sample products and unfortunately, this store gives exactly zero samples unless stated. 

Even a purchase that I made shown above stated that any Innisfree purchases will be given an Innisfree sample... didn't have the samples, possibly because they ran out of stock. It was like playing samples roulette and I lost. T.T

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Free Shipping at RM99 for Malaysia and about $50 for elsewhere 
  • Competitive prices 
  • Packaging is beautiful

Cons

  • No Samples
  • Local Malaysia Skynet shipping is atrocious 

Despite the horrible local shipping, I've already made multiple purchases with Althea Korea because their prices are really very, very good. For example, the Laneige Water Sleeping Mask is only RM77. Given that they're so many fakes in Malaysia, it's definitely worth getting that from the Korean Store. 

Packaging: 10/10 
Shipping: 7/10
Samples: 0/10
Repurchase: Yes

I also do quick, short reviews on my instagram so if you're up for it, do follow me here too! :D https://www.instagram.com/peachy_amy/

And Like my Facebook page? :D https://www.facebook.com/MalaysianBeautyHaul/

No comments:

Post a Comment