Sunday, July 2, 2017

[Benton Review] Benton Cacao Moist and Milk Cream

Price: $21.94
Verdict: 9/10
Repurchase:  Probably

Benton Product

It's no secret that I love Benton products. It's one of the brands with products that seem to work for me consistently and I'm slowly building a routine that's made with more and more Benton products. I have oily/combo skin that's proving to be quite sensitive and I've yet to come across a Benton product that my skin dislikes. In fact, I keep the Benton Tea tree Mist handy beside my work computer so I can reach for it whenever I'm feeling hot so I can cool off.

Benton is inspired by and named after the movie "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", in which Benjamin Button grows younger with time. It's one of my favorite movies which I will probably never want to watch again because it's not one of those feel-good movies. It's a movie about a man who ages backwards, growing younger and younger, which is where Benton comes in, aiming to restore the skin back to it's healthy condition with healthy recipes. 

Benton presents freshly made products by sticking to small batch productions, something which I'm sort of familiar with since I'm in love with their Benton's Snail Bee High Content Essence. The color of the essence differs according to the seasons, which one of the ingredients is a plant which color differs accordingly, if I'm not mistaken. ^^ Pretty cool, in my honest opinion.


So, when they put out their feelers for people interested in trying out their brand new product, I was immediately keen. How lucky am I that they actually chose me as one of their testers! I'm one of their first testers for their new Benton Cacao Moist and Milk Cream and I'm loving it so much I'm looking out to see if my favorite stores (Jolse and BBcosmetic) will stock it. ^^ It's available on benton's official site for $21.94


Packaging & Directions


The packaging is pretty standard. I'm actually really glad it comes in a tube, since that keeps it sanitary and clean. I kind of miss their bigger tubes though, like the Benton 150ml Snail Bee lotion that's lasting me forever (review coming up soon). Still, I much prefer the tube design compared to say, a jar which requires me to use a spatula every time. =.= I also like that there's a seal on the tube, preventing it from leaking in transit.

Directions says to apply a suitable amount to face and pat until fully absorbed. The texture of this cream is exactly as the name suggests, moist and milky, so I apply this near the end of my routine, but before any heavier lotions or sleeping packs at night. :) It's best to finish up the product six weeks after opening, which is not a problem at all at the rate I'm using this. 


Ingredients 

Ingredients: Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Water, Sorbitan Olivate, 1,2-Hexandiol, Pentylene Glycol, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Extract, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polyglutamic Acid, Madecassoside, Beta-Glucan, Carbomer, Arginine, Xanthan Gum

Benton Cacao Moist and Milk Cream is made with 63% cacao extract, which is rich in polyphenols, which are antioxidants. It helps to moisturize and soften skin. In addition there's 10% cacao seed butter, which is obtained from pressed seeds of cacao. Cacao Seed butter consists of beneficial fatty acids such as palmaitic acid, stearic acid, and oleic acid. It helps to retain moisture.

Do take note that cacao extract is a fatty oil and it may not be suitable for some skin types. Everything about the ingredients suggests that it might be too heavy for my skin type, which is oily and combination skin, but that's not the case at all. Despite being rich in fatty acids and made with cocoa butter, it absorbs wonderfully into my skin. 

Other noteworthy ingredients are sodium hyaluronate, which is a moisturizer and madecassoside, which is a plant extract, or to be more specific, a centella asiatica extract, which is something that works to calm skin and help with wound healing. 

The product is free from preservatives, which is why it's suggested the product be used up within 6 months of opening.

Texture and Fragrance

To address the elephant in the room, no, this doesn't smell like Chocolate. :( Fortunately, it doesn't smell like anything else at all either, which I really appreciate. :) 

The cream is lightweight and moist, like the name suggests, spreading wonderfully onto my skin and is almost melting inwards. It feels like spreading water on my skin, which is a nice feeling. The mild formula is water-oil balanced and really lightweight. I normally avoid lotions and creams, opting instead for gel-moisturizers, since the hot and humid weather in Malaysia means putting anything heavier would just clog up my skin. This was perfect though. 
As you can see, the product sunk into my skin perfectly, leaving behind not even that sticky finish that some creams tend to do. 


Performance

I've been reading reviews with people going, "My skin is glowy and soft after just one use" for products and I've never experienced it before. Until this.

My skin was so, so soft the morning after using this cream. I was actually fairly worried about the cream working for me after learning that it was made with so heavier ingredients. Thankfully, this was perfect for my oily/combo skin. It does everything a moisturizer should with a bunch of wonderful ingredients to boot and it's not breaking me out or clogging my skin! 

On the other hand, I do have to dock a point for the current asking price of $21 for only 50ml. That's a steep increase from the Benton Snail Bee lotion, which I'm currently using and is 120ml for $20. that's a pretty big difference in price, which is the only thing that's putting me off it.

Price: $21.94
Verdict: 9/10
Repurchase:  Probably

I also do quick, short reviews on my instagram so if you're up for it, do follow me here too! :D https://www.instagram.com/peachy_amy/
And Like my Facebook page? :D https://www.facebook.com/MalaysianBeautyHaul/

No comments:

Post a Comment